Monday, November 2, 2009

Missed Me?


Okay, so I knew I wouldn't be good at blogging!! Life is way too busy in the Austin household to sit at the computer long enough to give updates. I'll try to do better (I hope!). My sweet friend Shannon told me today that it was time for me to update since Cooper's first haircut (which he's due for another now) and post some pictures.

About 3 or 4 weeks ago, we put our house on the market. What a crazy time that is!! I didn't realize how much time you spend cleaning your house EVERY DAY just in case someone stops by while you are out! It has been unbelieveable trying to remember to open the blinds, etc. in the mornings - not to mention trying to dish out breakfast, make lunches, wash up any dishes quickly, wipe down the counters (again), and get myself ready. Thankfully, I am married to what I call a MamaDaddy. Scott is an awesome dad and takes on the kids as much as possible in the mornings. A couple of weeks ago someone decided to put an offer in on our house. Inspection is complete, and we are officially closing on Nov. 20th and out by the 25th - that's right - the week of Thanksgiving! Can you say homeless for the holidays? I don't remember a sweet Christmas song about that! I am very excited and definitely not complaining! We have all prayed together as a family (including sweet Coop) over these decisions and for the person who is buying our house. It's a sweet sorrow to leave our first home. This house has lots of memories for us. We moved into this house before Halle turned one. She is now 7, and we've had 2 more additions since then!

We're now hot and heavy on the house search! It's a lot tougher than I could have imagined. I'm pickier with age as well! I want to be in the house where our family should be and the area of town that is best for us. We have prayed for God to show us the house, but I haven't seen the flashing lights pointing to the house yet. I sure wish that was how He showed us where to go! If there is a house on the market between Oak Mountain and Chelsea, I have seen it (even if it went on today!). One problem is that I HATE making decisions! I don't even like deciding between 2 restaurants to eat at! Say a prayer for us as we travel on this journey!

A few weeks ago, our friends Lindsay and Andy met us at Botanical Gardens to take some pictures of the family. Andy did a great job with the pictures. I'll post a few below. There are a lot of great ones (of course with cute kids like these....). The one at the start of the blog is from this day as well. The kids rolled their pants up and took a stroll through the water. It was a lot of fun, and yes Cooper eventually took a seat and got soaked! We have some pictures of redneck baby in his diaper as well (not posted today).


2 comments:

  1. I want to see more of those pics!!! Love you guys!

    PS Eli wants to know where Yoda is???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pictures are great.... and I knew us prayer warriors could get that house sold. I need the walmart link for more pics!

    ReplyDelete